Friday, August 15, 2014

The Lounge is Back from the Summer

Hey guys and gals! Dr. Fronkensteen here and I just wanted to tell you that I'm back from my summer at Hollins University and ready for another year of theatrical fun on the Lounge. DragynAlly and I had  great summer at Hollins learning lots of great things. Sadly it was our last Summer there (sad!) But now we're both starting our Thesis and moving steadily on to graduation. Here's a peak at a couple other big things coming my way.

Photo by Chad Runyon
Well doesn't he look dapper? (Photo by Chad Runyon)


One I am finally re-embracing theatre for youth! After such a great class this summer taught by the wonderful Nicole Adkins I found I got instantly sucked back into the fun of it all. I'm definitely going to write some more ten minute plays and one-acts for this very fulfilling market.

I'm also looking for job opportunities that allow me to explore theatre production and new works. As I'm going forward into the professional theatre life I want to immerse myself in a theatre lab setting and break into producing. I'd also love to expand my tribe of theatre people that let me I can get my hands dirty with.

But while I strive to move ahead into the professional world I also have to remember my call to bi-vocational ministry. I'm always going to have a passion for the church and the realm of worship arts. And I hope to continue my training in my journey to become a lay minister. I love it because I feel like I'm using my passion in the arts to make a difference.

Photo by Chad Runyon
Well don't we look pretty? (Photo by Chad Runyon)


And lastly I'm moving! Yep you heard me right. It's time that I moved closer to DragynAlly as we get closer to our wedding and move to a place that's more in the center of where great theatre is made. So by the end of this year I will be a Jersey boy surrounded by the arts I love so dear and in the arms of the love of my life.

So this fall is going to be busy and action packed for me but I don't think I would have it any other way. It's certainly a transitional period for me but as always I'm moving up and not out. I'll always be sharing my journey with you guys and I'll never forget the support you've given me the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment