Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rethink Bullying #TFNY #TF14

Hey Guys and Dolls it's DragynAlly again. This is my last Toy Fair post in the Lounge. I know. You'll miss me. But you can always visit me in the Lair!


Today I want to talk about something kind of serious. Bullying. I was bullied as a child and some of that still affects me today. Even though I am stronger now I wish my childhood self could've avoided some of the pain.



What if I told you there is an app that not only helps kids talk about being bullied but also help kids realize that their behavior could be hurting others? Alicia Keys and Bento Box developed an app called The Journals of Mama Mae and LeeLee Mookey. It talks about how it isn't right to mistreat others just because they are different.



It is a fabulous app and at only $1.99 in the app store it is a great resource at a great price. What I love most about it is that it is colorful and well animated. I also love the in app games and other features. But most of all I love that it helps kids (and adults) talk about bullying in a new way. It isn't about blame or punishment. It is about understanding yourself no matter what side of bullying you are on.


No comments:

Post a Comment