Well now there is...
Take three random unfinished drafts from your harddrive and try to put them together. Blend characters where you have to and stretch your mind to make the plots twine together. What you'll find is that themes and images will start to merge and that stories you thought were once separate belong in the same universe together.
Now try to add the following scenes where the different characters from your plays interact.
|Sometimes you don't know who you might run into at the store.|
- Two characters meet in line at the grocery store.
- Four characters talk about Peru over a poker game.
- Something is stolen from a very sacred place.
- A fight over food takes place.
- Everyone wonders what Santa will get them for Christmas.
By the end of it you'll find that three useless drafts have become a whole rough draft. For your revisions try focusing on what the cohesive universe for this play is. You might also find that some scenes don't belong anymore and that some characters just need to die.