|Pics from my first ever one woman show.|
The One Man Prompt
In your one man show you will....
- Have the character use one prop that can be itself and the whole world at the same time.
- Tell the story of a family of no less than ten.
- Have a dialogue between two characters.
- Tell the story of a box that's a box and so much more at the same time.
- Our hero reminds us of a famous fairy tale character.
- The story spans 20 years.
- Someone's experiment goes awry.
- The Play is only 50 minutes long.
- Someone performs the most death defying trick.
- The play begins and resolves over a cup of tea.
|Another pic from my first one woman show.|
Remember that one and a half pages of text read a loud is about five minutes. Have fun with it. And also remember that a writing prompt is also about the dramatic sudoku that makes you expand your craft and brain beyond what you think you can do. You'll be doing a rewrite to make it a great play later. I can't wait to see what you do with it!