|Remember to just keep on truckin'!|
- The depression is normal: Yes kids are cruel and it will feel like everyone is picking on you and it will seem like Tourettes will never give you a break. It's okay to be sad but be sure to surround yourself with people that make you happy too. Surround yourself with people that treat you right.
- Allow people to not understand: Not everyone is going to know about your Tourettes and they're going to say or do some hurtful things. Allow them to not understand but be sure that you are someone trying to educate. Let them know that what they are doing is rude but educate them by being someone who is above all of that. You are better than the cruelty of others.
- Activity helps a lot: I wish I had known this more as a child. Get out and get active. Work out some excess physical energy on the soccer field or let go off mental stress writing a poem or painting. I'm giving you permission to let it all out and channel it creatively.
- Be honest with those trying to help you: Your parents, therapists, neurologists, and teachers are trying to help you. They are not the enemy. Be honest about what you need to help you get through the day. Be honest about your feelings and if someone is hurting you. You are not whining. You're silence does not help you!
- You are not alone: There a lot of adults and kids with TS that can help you. Look with your parents to find a support group or online resource. And there are also a lot of books and videos out there. Go find them!