Monday, September 23, 2013

Music Monday: @thebeefseeds

So when I was thinking of bands to start pitching for the start of my new Music Mondays I checked my Twitter and a band totally pitched me! I was in the mood for some bluegrass covers (I live for a good cover band!) And lo and behold a Welsh Bluegrass Cover Band called the Beef Seeds found me!

So I know what us Yanks are thinking... Welsh AND Bluegrass? How does that work. My only answer can be, very well! I live only forty miles away from Music City in Tennessee and the Bluegrass State and I bet they'd be a welcome addition anywhere!

So what do I love about them? They have the great attributes of any good bluegrass cover band.


  • A good bass: Good BLuegrass needs a great rhythm section to play Top 40 well. And the Beef Seeds bass works very well.
  • The Novelty Factor: Yes they do the slow ballads but they also get brave and play some Katy Perry and Robin Thicke. You should go on their Youtube channel and watch their cover of "Blurred Lines"
  • A reimagining: If you didn't know where some of their songs came from you could swear that they were born to be bluegrass songs. They find a twang in Pop that most people wouldn't find.
  • A fun and innovative style: From the lead singer playing a double washboard (something I've never seen) to a rip roaring harmonica solo you can tell that they are willing to bend the style and have fun!
  • They're fun to watch: You have fun watching them and know that they're having fun doing it. What more could you ask for?
So without further ado why don't you watch the video below and tell me if you agree. And then why don't you go to their Youtube page and subscribe and their Facebook  and Twitter page and like them. Tell them that the Lounge sent you!


No comments:

Post a Comment