|Borrowed from frabz.com|
So you want to Blog Huh?
- Keep it short: Theatre Blogs are one of the biggest offenders of having posts that read like a novel or a scholarly journal. Keep it to one thought and then move on. You're not writing your dissertation here.
- Embrace the Series: If you do have an idea that's leaning on the long side break it up into segments. It gives your readers a reason to come back.
- Think national: It's great to review local shows (I love doing it myself) but remember that your audience will be from all over the world! Don't leave them out!
- Keep it personal: In essence a good blog is a diary. People are coming to see what you like and what you are working on. This is one of the few places where people ask you to voice your unadulterated opinion!
- Don't hold anything back: There really are no rules to blogging when it comes to content. Don't be afraid to share something or write a post because it's not "academic" or "professional" if it's something you are passionate about that's where the blogging gold is!
|Borrowed from Theatre Memes|