Friday, August 30, 2013

Everyone Needs a Mentor

So here's a tip for you guys. I haven't given out blogging advice ever because I've just been learning but here is one that I know that I can give you with absolute certainty. Ready for it? Well here it is...

Get a mentor. It's as easy as that. I had the good fortune when I started blogging to have access to the experience and blogging genius of one such as DragynAlly. When I was just having the idea that I needed to use social media to expand my audience as a theatre person she was the one that said, "oh, well you need to start a blog."

So I started off with just a basic blog and a dream and someone to keep telling me that I should be doing more. The way that it helped me was that I was learning in just a year what she had learned the hard way over the course of two years.  So it really was a kickstarter for my brand and my page views. While I stumbled and hit a few brick walls on the way DragynAlly could tell you that I probably never had it as bad as she did.

So I would definitely urge you if you wanted to get into blogging to find another blogger that has had some nominal success and have them guide you through the process. Learn their tricks and write for them if you can. And always be sure to do them a favor by helping them out whenever you can.

Another thing about my relationship with DragynAlly... Today marks one year since we first started dating. She has been the kindest and most generous mentor that I ever could meet. And since I've started dating her I've gone to places and done things that I never thought I would. I love her with all my heart and wouldn't change a thing. I can't wait to see where the next year takes us.

P. S.

DragynAlly if you're reading this, and I know you are, just know that I love you! Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment