Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Best for Under $10: MayblogChallenge

So today I want to tell you about one of the greatest used bookstores in Tennessee if not the world! McKay is a bookstore that I came to kinda reluctantly. I was coming down from Borders being closed (my go to place back in the day) and when my grandmother said she found a new place I thought that no place could ever give me exactly what I wanted.

But when I walked in I was overwhelmed! It's a two level store filled with used books of all different styles and genres. I like a lot of different styles and go through books very quickly. That being said I don't want to shell out a lot of money for books I can read cover to cover in a week.

That's why I was really shocked by their prices. Some of my favorite novelists, John Sandford, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy... their paperbacks were five cents apiece and still in good condition. In most stores the only plays and theatre texts that I can find are the usual highschool fodder. But not only did I find a cheap complete works of Shakespeare I found Moliere, Checkhov, Mamet...even some Stephen Adly Guirgis!

At the end of my latest trip there I ended up pulling out at least twenty-five books out of the store. You think they cost me a pretty penny? Nope! I only paid $9.25 for all of them. And when you count that I snagged four more out of the "Free Boxes" that they have I would say that I came back home with a pretty good haul. Nowadays I only make one or two trips a year and I can get enough books to fill my reading list for under twenty bucks. Bet you can't do that at a Barnes and Noble!

No comments:

Post a Comment