- An unhealthy love of crazy ideas.
- A pen and paper.
- A sense of what a good story is.
- Things that irk you.
- Something to talk about.
How's it going to work?
- Each week we talk about the next step in writing a play. Each week will feed into the next.
- I give some examples and practical applications of the theory.
- Then I give you some homework to write about the next week. This will come into two basic components: A journal type assignment and a scene or creative assignment.
So what am I getting out of this?
Well hopefully you gain some valuable knowledge about what comes into writing a play but you if you follow along and do the homework you'll have a rough draft of a thirty minute play (we call them one-acts). Then having written a play you can finally call yourself a playwright! So stay tuned next week where the fun begins!