Friday, May 24, 2013

That's the thing...I'm always angry: May Blog Challenge

So today for the May Blog challenge we're going to be talking about anger. One of the things that you might not know about me is that I used to have a massive anger problem. Massive as in mandated anger management. I had several problems and issues. With Tourettes I was forced to acclimate to a world that everyone else seemed to get along with perfectly. The rest of the world didn't seem to get me and many times I just lashed out in violence. If someone didn't intervene I was going down a long hard road.



So that's how I landed in a 12 week anger management course. I don't remember everything that we did in that class but I do want to share with you some of the points that I really took to heart.


  • Anger is a natural reaction to bad things.
  • When you use anger wisely it can be a great impetus for change.
  • Be angry but don't let the sun go down on your anger.
  • There is such a thing as righteous anger when you've been wronged or bullied. There is such a thing as anger coming from stress. These things are indicators that something needs to change in your life. These things are healthy.
  • The goal is to get rid of the unhealthy anger that is only destructive or is an irrational reaction to everyday life. 
The key to mastering my anger was the realization that I am ALWAYS angry. Everything gets to me. When you understand that you can discern whether the anger is healthy or not and decide what needs to happen to make it not happen anymore. I learned to put shields up to keep out the little things that bothered me and realized that it was okay to be mad when someone insulted or wronged me. Anger is a part of my state of mind, it's wired into how I think. When I learned how to process it in a healthy way my outlook got a lot better.

So be like me, be like Bruce Banner. It's okay to always be angry. It's what you do with that anger that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment