Friday, April 12, 2013

April Blogging Challenge: What I want to do with my life.

So for today's installment of the April Blog Challenge we're going to be talking about plans. It's hard question. If you go to grad school like me it's what you spend a lot of time wondering. For all this money I'm spending is this really what I want to do with my life?

It all boils down to this: I want to make. I love writing plays, doing theatre, drawing, bringing people together, and having fun but it all involves making. I'm always tinkering with things. Studying them, figuring out how they work. It's one of my favorite things in this world after hours of tinkering to find out how something works and how it's made. Process is also key.

As far as careers go I really want to work in the theatre and make theatre. Music is very important to me  as well so I'm always looking for ways to incorporate that in. Someday I would like to be the head of a department and run my own company. I like getting artists together. I like teaching and mentoring people. Whether it's theatre, music, or dance I love being where art is made and getting people together to make it.

And I also like making things. I make my own guitars, I dabble in making furniture. I doodle and push the paint around sometimes. No matter what I'm doing I want to be making something.

So I guess that's it. As soon as my grad work is over I'll be looking for a job. And as long as my job has those things in it... Making art, making community, and mentoring others I'll be happy.

What is the one word that describes your drive? What do you want to be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment