Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Blog Challenge: My Dream Event

My dream event would have to be to cover the Humana Festival of New Plays. Every year the Actor's Theatre of Louisville puts on a festival of new plays with the fiscal sponsorship of Humana. What I love about this festival is that it's not the place for safe and conventional plays. They're always doing something new and crazy out there.

I went twice as a student but I would love to go as press because I love new plays and know that when I get home they get my juices flowing. They have wonderful stages out there and do new plays the way that they're supposed to. And when the festival gets underway just going and meeting people is a great thing.

I haven't been in a few years but I would love to go as press and cover this event. Who knows? If money starts getting better I might be making a trek up to Louisville on my own dime again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment