Friday, March 29, 2013

Twitter Golden Rule by @DragynAlly



Tweet others how you would want to be tweeted. That's it. That is my only twitter rule and I stand by it. If you hang out on twitter long enough you'll see a ton of tweeple (twitter + people) talking about rules to twitter. Actually they have rules for all social media... I'll get to those in another post. They tell you to interact and not to broadcast. They tell you not to tweet too much. They tell you you're not tweeting enough. But at some point you realize that no two of them can agree on every twitter rule. Mainly because, truth be told, there are no rules. Twitter is the wild wild west and we are all figuring it out one tweet at a time.
@dragynally

That's why every now and then I tweet my golden rule. Tweet others how you want to be tweeted. You want ReTweets? ReTweet someone. You want @ mentions? @ mention someone. You want someone to join your twitter party? Join theirs. You want followers?! FOLLOW!!! Seems simple right? Well that's because it is. It is the easiest thing in the world!

Now I won't guarantee my methods will get you 1000 followers over night. But I do know that I have over 5,000 followers and have been able to maintain them because I remember this rule. At the end of the day behind the avatars and the twitter names are real people who just want kindness and respect. Isn't that what we all want?

No comments:

Post a Comment