Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fronkensteens #Newplay adventure: #27DaysPlay

So here's an update. Last week I announced that for 27 Days I was going to be researching the plight of human slavery and the work or modern day abolitionists. And at the end of it all I'm going to be spending 27 hours writing a new play. What happens then? After that it gets put online so that anyone who is wanting to raise money for the cause or awareness about human trafficking have a vessel to get the word out.

Who is the play for? Non-profits, churches, theatre companies and artists, student organizations, you name it! If you want to raise awareness about the 27 million people locked in this world of slavery then this play is offered for you as a tool to get the word out!

It's my first week in and already it's been devastating to look at all the pain and suffering that this issue has caused. My notebooks are filled with facts upon facts and my mind is stuck with faces and names of real victims, real traffickers, and real people on the ground trying to end this for good.

It's devastating to read but it's empowering to know that I can give these people a voice. I can give a voice to people that don't have one. I can help expose the faces of those that would like to keep their work hidden in darkness. And then I get to celebrate the works of others, people like you and me who are seeking to rescue these people from their lives of turmoil.

And that's why I'm doing this. If I can help anybody raise awareness, raise funds, or empower anyone else to bring the 27 million slaves back home then it's all worth it. And this journey that I'm on is so cleansing to me personally. Knowing all of the grief out there you look at the whole world differently and with that new worldview I plan to power on.

No comments:

Post a Comment