Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just One Moment More: A New Play by R. S. Young




Hey guys! So today for Writer Wednesday I'm not going to be sharing writing tips or anything. I'm actually going to share one of my new plays. One of the best ways to grow as a playwright is to get people to read your work and comment their questions, problems, and concerns with the story. Up until your play gets a lot of performances and gets a publishing deal and even then your best help is getting people's input on your script and getting it into the hands of the people who could put it on stage.

So thus I give you "Just One More Moment" a Ten Minute Play that I wrote when I was trying to get into a festival event that some colleagues of mine were doing. They gave you a list of specific parameters that they wanted you to incorporate into the script and work on it all night and try to get it in by the deadline. I didn't get mine in in time but I thought that it was a good enough script to get in front of people.

I like Scifi/Post Apocalyptic stories and I like love stories so I combined all of my loves into one and created a love story of two lost people traveling in a post nuclear wasteland finding love just a little too late.  For ten minute play festivals or one act festivals this play is great and needs just a minimal sets and stuff to get it done. Read it and enjoy it and then leave a comment to tell me what you think about it. Then find a theatre friend of yours and hand it off to them!

I'm looking to post a new play of mine every month. It get's my scripts out there to anyone who could use them and opens connections to other theatre people out there. If you want to read it just click on the button above and get directed to a pdf of the script And look here at the Lounge on the last Wednesday of the Month to see more new plays!

Note

This play is under copyright and is my own intellectual property. Read it all you want and share it with friends but if you want to produce it or put it onstage you have to email me and ask me for the rights and pay a royalty. All inquiries should be directed to rsyoung1105@gmail.com. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I think its awesome for you to share writing tips and your work. I use to love to write, poems especially! I even started one as a song and turned it into a poem. It was my best work and I even won a poetry contest with it. I look forward to following your blog and reading more.

    ReplyDelete