|Batman, a hero with plenty of demons.|
What makes a great Hero?
|Perseus was sent on a quest to achieve his destiny.|
- A good hero is an everyman (someone we can all identify with). He should be someone that we could all see our selves in.
- A good hero has demons to deal with. There are either dark tragedies in the past or sins that he's not proud of. The hero's story is a story of retribution.
- A good hero has a debt that must be paid back or an crime that must be avenged. The need to relieve that debt or have revenge is so great. The hero's story is a story of revenge.
- A good hero has wounds. A hero is always scarred from past battles or has an injury that cries out to be made well. The hero's story is a story of healing.
- A good hero has a destiny: A good hero has a calling to be answered, a journey to start. He must fulfill that destiny at all costs. The hero's story is a story of reaching your potential.
- A good hero has talents: A hero has hidden talents that he never thought that he had before or always took for granted. At the end of the story the hero's talents will become super powers to let him win the day. The hero's story is a story of finding your super powers.
- A good hero has flaws: A hero has tragic flaws that keep him from achieving his true potential. Over the course of the story the hero will get past these flaws to win the day. The hero's story is a story of overcoming your shortcomings.
|The Lone Ranger was a man that righted the wrongs of others.|
Look here soon for ideas about what makes a great Villain also look for great writing exercises to help you create your own heros and villains.
|The Leverage team is the heroes of today. And everyone can relate to them.|